Metros to resume from September 7: Centre announces SOPs
NEW DELHI: Metro services across the country will resume in a graded manner from September 7 and all..
NEW DELHI: Metro services across the country will resume in a graded manner from September 7 and all corridors will become operational by September 12, Union minister of housing & urban affairs Hardeep Singh Puri announced on Wednesday.
The Centre also announced standard operating procedures (SOPs) for metro operations amid the Covid-19 pandemic. Here are the SOPs announced by the Centre:
* Entry and exit gates at containment zones will remain closed
* Only asymptomatic people will be allowed to travel after thermal screening
* Metro rails can skip stations to maintain social distancing
* Minimum luggage and no metallic items during travel
* In order to ensure social distancing, suitable markings at stations and inside trains will be done
* Wearing of face masks to be mandatory for all passengers and staff. Metro rail corporations may make arrangements for supply of masks on payment basis to the persons arriving without mask.
* Use of Aarogya Setu App will be encouraged.
* Provision of sanitizers will be made at entry into the stations for use by passengers
* Sanitization of all areas having human interface viz. equipment, train, working area, lift, escalators, handrail, AFC gate, toilets etc. will be done at regular intervals
* Use of Smart Card and cashless/online transactions will be encouraged. Tokens and paper slips/tickeRead More – Source