BMC starts demolition at Kangana Ranaut’s bungalow in Mumbai: Latest developments
Image shared by Kangana Ranaut on social media of demolition workers at her Mumbai bungalow. NEW DE..
Image shared by Kangana Ranaut on social media of demolition workers at her Mumbai bungalow.
NEW DELHI: The Shiv Sena-controlled Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) on Wednesday started the demolition of what it had earlier termed as "illegal alterations" at the Bandra bungalow of Bollywood actress Kangana Ranaut. The actress termed the demolition as "death of democracy".
Here are the latest developments:
Kangana's lawyer moves to High Court against BMC demolition
* Kangana Ranaut's lawyer has filed a plea in Bombay High Court against the demolition drive by the BMC at the actor's property. Hearing is scheduled to take place at 12.30 pm today.
* Replying to the BMC's demolition notice, Ranaut's lawyer on Wednesday said that no work is being carried out by the actor in her premises "as falsely understood by you, so the notice issued by you as "Stop Work Notice" is absolutely bad-in-law & appears to have been issued only to intimidate her by misusing your dominant position."
Kangana compares demolition of her office with Ram Mandir
* Sharing photos of demolition work being carried out her home-office, Kangana took to Twitter and said, "I am never wrong and my enemies prove again and again this is why my Mumbai is POK now." In another tweet, Kangana captioned the images of BMC officials demolishing her property as "Pakistan..", calling it "death of democracy".
* In her tweets, the actor also compared her office space to the Ram Mandir and claimed that history was repeating itself as the BMC arrived to demolish some illegal altercations in the space. “The first film in Manikarnika films, Ayodhya was announced, it is not a building for me but Ram temple itself, today Babur has come there, today history will repeat itself Ram temple will be broken again but remember Babur this temple will be built again, this temple will be built again, Jai Shri Ram, Jai Shri Ram, Jai Shri Ram,” she said in her tweets.
Why did the BMC demolition Kangana's home-office
* The latest development came two days after a BMC team paid a surprise visit to her production house 'Manikarnika Films' office (built within the premises of her bungalow) and surveyed the premises at Bungalow No. 5, Chetan Row House, Nargis Dutt Road, Bandra West. The survey was followed by a notice to Ranaut to stop the ongoing works within 24 hours, but after her staffers refused to accept it, the notice was pasted outside her office on Tuesday.
* On Wednesday morning, Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai pasted a second notice outside Ranaut's office in Mumbai, alleging unlawful construction in the premises.
* The BMC notice had listed out unauthorised constructions of toilet, kitchen, pantry on the ground floor. It also mentions an unauthorised room built on the first floor using a wooden partition and illegal inclusion of a second floor balcony into habitable area. The bungalow was earlier used as a kindergarten; Kangana purchased it a few years ago. She had approached the residents' association to inform them that after renovating the bungalow she would use it as an office-cum-home. She has another house in a posh building nearby where she lives.
Shiv Sena Vs Kangana fight
* Kangana created controversy recently when she raised doubts on MuRead More – Source